About Me

My photo
Carving The Light https://www.createspace.com/3439520 Also available at Amazon.com. Merchandise can be found at: http://www.cafepress.ca/CarvingTheLight

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Book Review: "Invasion of the Blue Lights" by Ruth Glick

 The Invasion of the Blue Lights by Ruth Glick
The Invasion of the Blue Lights


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I still remember standing in my elementary school library looking at this book over and over...picking it up, putting it back down, then going back for it, again and again. When I finally borrowed it out and read it, the book ended up being WAY better than I'd imagined. After that first time, I borrowed it several more and finally, as an adult years later, was able to locate it online and buy a copy for myself. I read it again just a few years ago, and it has certainly managed to hold up over the years, I must say!



The story starts off simply enough...a young boy witnesses what appears to be a battle between two blue lights in the night sky noe evening. The lights appear to crash to the Earth, in different directions, and the boy ends up investigating to see what happened to the one closest to him.



What he finds leads him on a personal journey of discovery - an adventure where not all is as it seems - as he tries to decipher which side of the battle he is really on, now that the blue lights have come upon us.



View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment