About Me

My photo
Carving The Light https://www.createspace.com/3439520 Also available at Amazon.com. Merchandise can be found at: http://www.cafepress.ca/CarvingTheLight

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Everything Happens At Once

At least, that's how it seems sometimes.  I only have a few minutes to write this post (I'm at work), so I'll make it quick!

I got my ABNA entry in, easy peasy.  I finished editing the manuscript around 11:25pm, then poured a well-earned rum & coke to celebrate.  I'd fully anticipated that there would be a huge backlog of people all trying to upload their entries at the bell, and I was completely prepared for that.

What I wasn't prepared for was having no trouble whatsoever, and being done within the first 20 minutes.  I mean, I'd barely touched whatever number rum & coke I was on at that point!  But everything loaded smoothly, except my author photo, which I took the time to resize to make it fit the entry form.  Even with that, I was done quickly, and had some time to kill.  So naturally I went to the contest message boards, and updated Twitter and Facebook.

I'd been putting off a couple of other projects while I got my entry ready, so the next morning, I began to turn my attention back to them.  Browncoat magnet sets.  Ebon Black editing (and some huge waffling on how long it should end up being). 

And I got another idea for a book, this time a Young Adult fantasy-ish tale; the subject of which, to my knowledge, has never really been done before.  So I am excited about that, too.

Oh, and I finally got prizes drawn for the Spot The Ad contest I ran while my Ryerson Chang School ad was up.  I'm started handing them out to the winners, and am actually having fun doing so - I'm so glad I ran that wee contest!  :)

OK, that's it for my lunch break - back to the day job!

Until soon,

S.A.M.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sue
    Best of luck with ABNA. I/m in it too. Is Carving a YA or adult? Mine's YA. I'd be up for trading reviews if we make it to the excerpt level. MIne is called The Barking Cynic.
    And hey, thanks for following over at my blog. I'm following you now too! Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Catherine! Best of luck to you, too! I entered CTL into the General Fiction category...younger readers can appreciate it, but the central characters are all in their late 30's and early 40's, so that's more the audience it's aimed at.
    I would absolutely be up for trading reviews if we make it into the excerpt round! I'm loving the whole process - especially meeting all the other writers on the boards! it's been a fantastic community thus far; one that I am excited and proud to be a part of! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue! Wishing you the best of luck with ABNA!

    Looking forward to reading about your journey.

    ReplyDelete