About Me

My photo
Carving The Light https://www.createspace.com/3439520 Also available at Amazon.com. Merchandise can be found at: http://www.cafepress.ca/CarvingTheLight

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Current Work In Progress

I'm heading downtown shortly to check out Word on the Street, but first, I would like to introduce you all, finally, to my latest work-in-progress. I've resisted talking about it in much detail before now, as I was still trying to work my way through the first draft, and just get the story down. But last night I completed said draft, so now I feel I can talk about it more without getting things mixed up in my head! lol


It's titled "Ebon Black and the Seven Dryads".   :)


A re-working of the classic fairytale, "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" (which...shouldn't it be "Dwarves"?  The word looks weird no matter how I type it), this version follows the adventures of young Ebon Black, a boy who stands to inherit his deceased father's immense fortune on the day he turns 21 years of age. His evil stepfather, Malachite Vert, has other plans for Ebon, however, as he wishes to remain The Richest Of Them All. Together with his faithful servant, Jeeves, Mal Vert hatches a plan to eliminate Ebon Black before he can turn 21 and claim his inheritance.

Ebon is rescued from the brink of death by a band of wood nymphs, known as Dryads, who live deep in the forest and care for all the trees in the Land. Ebon can't remember anything about his former life - only his first name - and so he stays with the Dryadic women while he recovers in their care. They are seven: Joc, Weepy, Cranky, Sleazy, Nerdy, Needy...and Pam. :)

The first draft is complete, and I've chosen my lovely illustrator...much more to come very soon!!!

SAM

No comments:

Post a Comment