About Me

My photo
Carving The Light https://www.createspace.com/3439520 Also available at Amazon.com. Merchandise can be found at: http://www.cafepress.ca/CarvingTheLight

Sunday, April 3, 2011

So Many Projects, So Little Time

Good grief - it's been awhile, sorry!  I've been having problems with my eye for the past month, and most of my time off has been spent going to various doctor appointments to see if we can figure out what's wrong.  There's no end in sight (haha - sight - get it?) just yet, but in the meantime, I have also managed to take some baby steps on a number of different things, so that's something!

My revised proof copy of Carving The Light finally arrived, and it's now back up for sale in paperback form.  Additionally, the Kindle version has been fixed, so it's been back up for the past couple of weeks, too.  AND, happily, the new proof had the same print date as the original, one year later!  It looks great - so much better with some blank pages thrown in to separate things, and I fixed a couple of parts that had been bothering me.  I was worried about the page set-up, and admittedly, it is cut a little close at the top of the page, but it's still an improvement overall from the original, so I am happy.  :)

I have a few ideas for improving it even further, but am going to leave it on the back-burner for now while I focus on other things.

One such project is my Snow White reimagining, Ebon Black and the Seven Dryads.  I've decided to make Ebon younger, so now instead of turning 21 in the story, he's about to turn 16 years of age when he receives his inheritance.  I toyed with making him even younger, but in the end, the 15-16 age works best.  So now I am in the process of going through and changing his age.  I am trying to focus on JUST doing that this time, as it requires concentration, and I want to go through again after to shorten/simplify some of the wordier run-on sentences, change some of the girls' descriptions, etc.  This edit is all about the age.  The next will be more for polish.

So that's going well, and I am even more excited about it than I was before!

My Browncoat Magnet Sets are still selling well, so a lot of my spare time is taken up with making them as often as possible.

My Ryerson ad is back up on public transit across the city, so I'm trying to get a few more prizes together for another Spot The Ad contest.  This time I want to have some to help generate buzz for Ebon, as well as CTL.  More on that when I get myself better organized!  ;)

My hope is to be able to publish Ebon later in the summer - particularly in time for the school year, if possible.  I just have to put some real focus into it for awhile to get it ready.

I'm also attempting to write a proper synopsis for CTL so that I can start sending out queries.  I got a big chunk done while I was at work yesterday...um.  I mean.  Crap.

ANYWAY, I'm working on it.  It's HARD!  lol  But I'm working on it.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but it's time for me to start getting ready to go.  I'm heading to the Jays' game with The Hatter and his bro!  :)

Until soon,

SAM

No comments:

Post a Comment