About Me

My photo
Carving The Light https://www.createspace.com/3439520 Also available at Amazon.com. Merchandise can be found at: http://www.cafepress.ca/CarvingTheLight

Saturday, March 5, 2011

More Updates - On Everything


Wow...a lot has been happening lately!  Or, maybe I should say, a lot has come up, and will happen later.  Because I still feel as though I'm not moving in any direction at all...just kind of standing and preparing to move.

If that makes any sense!

I can't decide where to begin, so I'll just ramble off some of the stuff that's been going on since my last post.

First of all, the other writers in this year's ABNA competition are some of the most wonderful and talented people I've ever had the good fortune to find myself in the midst of (how's THAT for a crappy sentence?!).  There were some rough times after the 2nd round announcements, of course, but things have settled down and everyone is back to hanging out and finding some worthwhile ways to spend time.

Okay, and some not so worthwhile, but ALL FUN, and that is the main thing!  I am learning so much.  It makes my head spin sometimes.

I have edited Carving The Light even more now, and am slowly starting to write the synopsis so that I can hopefully start querying soon.  I'm having a much harder time of writing this thing than I'd anticipated, but I've started taking the first steps, and those are often the hardest.  Hoping to get much more done with it tomorrow when I have a day off.

Ryerson's Chang School is also in my awesome column of life!  I went in the other day to pick up the posters they'd set aside for me, and finally got to meet Ms. Marilou Cruz in person, after having only spoken on email for so long.  I was presented with a matted print of my ad, as well, and a thank you card for my participation in their winter ad campaign.

The GREAT news is that I believe they will also be using my ad in their SPRING ad campaign, as well!  I'm so excited.  It will have a different colour scheme, but essentially be the same ad.  This will mean another Spot The Ad contest will soon be underway, with even more crappy prizes to be won!  I'm so thrilled - watch for more details to be posted as soon as they become available!

In addition, I am hoping to use the Spot The Ad contest this time to promote the pending release of my NEXT book, Ebon Black and the Seven Dryads.  This new twist on a classic tale is getting closer and closer to being ready for publication, and I am hoping to get it out later in the summer!  My goal right now is to have it available in time for the start of the new school year, as well as Wordstock Collingwood and Word on the Street Toronto.  We shall see!


In the meantime, the days slowly tick by to the announcement of the 500 quarterfinalists who will be moving to the next round of the ABNA competition.  I don't hold out much hope, if any.  I wanted to make it to this round so I could get more feedback and exposure for my book, but I am not confident that my excerpt is strong enough to carry me through to the quarterfinals.  It might be, but it really depends on who reads it, and how they feel about it.  I'd love for more people to meet and fall in love with the Collins sisters, of course, but - I just don't know.  I'm not stressing about it, though.  Whatever will be will be, and in the meantime, I have querying to do, Ebon to perfect, and Browncoat magnet sets to make.

Also, you may have noticed a new widget on my blog page for StickerYou.  I'm working on creating a sticker store with them so that people can create and buy their own stickers, or use the ones I am creating to get the word out about my books and such, in the form of awesome vinyl stickers that can be used pretty much anywhere!  I have some of my own, and am looking forward to streamlining the process a little more, so that the rest of you can play, too!  :)

So there you have it!  I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting, but that's the gist of it.  Spring is coming, and so are several new projects from yours truly.

Stay tuned, and keep safe!

Until soon,

SAM


PS  Oh, and I am also updating the Kindle/e-book version of Carving The Light.  Check it out!  And be sure to agree with the tags whenever possible.  It helps.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment